15 February 2010

Chef Michael’s “Be My Valentine” Doggie Dinner Party


Actor Michael Urie, his dog Sprout and other guests celebrate an early doggie Valentine's Day at the Chef Michael's "Be My Valentine" Doggie Dinner Party at Gotham Hall Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010 in New York. (Jason DeCrow/AP Images for Purina)


Actress and dog owner Elisabeth Rohm poses with Bambi, an adoptable dog from Posh Pets Rescue, during the Chef Michael's "Be My Valentine" Doggie Dinner Party at Gotham Hall Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010 in New York. (Jason DeCrow/AP Images for Purina)

The event celebrated the winner of the national “My Doggie Valentine” contest, a Brussels Griffon named Ouzo and his owner Kristin Hartman from New Jersey. An inseparable pair, Ouzo and Hartman were selected as the winners of Chef Michael’s national “My Doggie Valentine” contest, which was conducted earlier this year at www.doggievalentine.com.

“Ouzo was my ‘Doggie Valentine’ from the moment we met,” says Hartman. “He is my true partner and I spend more time with him than anyone.”

As part of its overall Valentine program, Chef Michael’s will also donate $7,500 to Adopt-a-Pet.com on behalf of all of the entrants in the Doggie Valentine contest and all of the doggie diners coming to the Feb. 10 party. The donation will help support Adopt-a-Pet.com’s mission to find forever homes for homeless dogs who also deserve to feel loved on Valentine’s Day.